Object/Work Type
Recreation Structures

Title Text
Pavilion of Festivals and Concerts

Alternate Title Text
Salone delle feste, concerti, ecc.

Creator Identity and Role
Monti, Michelangelo;
Bianconi, Guido;
Cantù, Adolfo;
Sincero, Dino;
Paoloantonio, Franco;
Toschi, Carmen;
Smeriglio, Domenico Ernesto;
Fino Savio, Chiarina;
Premoli, Alfredo

Creation Date
1910-1911

Demolition Date
1911-1912

Styles/Periods Description
Turinese baroque (revival)

Dimension Description
20.000 square meters

Descriptive Note Text
According to the CTI guide, the Pavilion of Festivals and Concerts was one of the largest buildings of the Fair. It was connected to the Pavilion of Music. These buildings hosted the Electricity Hall, the Display of the Marvels of Electricity, the exhibit of Professional Teaching, and the Swiss Exhibition. The facades of these interconnected buildings were admirable for their elegant proportions and the richness of architectural detail. Among the decorations, the Guida Tricolore mentions two fountains with a statue of Neptune created by Cellini, a group of allegorical statues symbolizing music made by Michelangelo Monti, and the remarkable sculptures created by sculptors Biscarra and Bianconi. The interior featured the grand "Salone dei Concerti" (Concert Hall) built like an Olympic theater that could hold up to 9,000 people.

Code in the 1911 Map
SIM 27

Related Protagonists