Object/Work Type
National Pavilions

Title Text
Pavilion of Russia

Alternate Title Text
Padiglione della Russia

Creation Date
1910-1911

Demolition Date
1911-1912

Styles/Periods Description
Neoclassical revival

Dimension Description
Uncertain

Descriptive Note Text
The exhibition of Russia (traditional and national products) has been inaugurated during the May 1911 by the Grand Duke Boris and his mother Grand Dukesse Marija Pavlovna within an orthodox religious ceremony. Despite of the former choices of Russia, this Pavilion follows the Neoclassical style, and it has been built by the Russian architect Vladimir Alekseevič Ščuko. The Pavilion has 12 exposition rooms, where Russia can display it own traditional and industrial products, an enormous collection of statues and bronzes, and also some furniture from the Royal Palace of Petersburg.

Code in the 1911 Map
SIM 42